Single Tooth Implant – Chesapeake, VA
Complete Your Smile with a Dental Implant
Losing even a single tooth can be a huge blow to your self-esteem. Although it may feel like you’re alone when dealing with tooth loss, over 120 million Americans are missing at least one. You don’t need to live with the empty space. Now, you have more options than ever to rebuild your smile. Traditionally, a dental bridge is used, but many patients now prefer dental implants in Chesapeake. At Estrada Dentistry, we’ll help you make the best choice for your smile.
Options for Single Tooth Replacement
Although your teeth are designed to last for a lifetime, there are several ways you can lose a tooth over the years. No matter the cause, it should be replaced right away. Unfortunately, a missing tooth causes more than just aesthetics complications. It can also cause issues with your oral and general health.
When you lose a tooth, the root is also missing. Since your jawbone isn’t stimulated by the root, it slowly deteriorates. Your adjacent teeth will eventually lose the support they need to stay in place. As they drift out of position, it increases your risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and additional tooth loss.
As you lose more teeth, it’s more difficult to perform simple tasks, like chewing. This can cause dietary restrictions, leading to nutritional deficiencies that can create several health issues.
Estrada Dentistry can stop the complications of tooth loss. We believe you should have options when it comes to replacing your missing tooth. We’ll help you find the right treatment to rebuild your smile.
- Fixed Bridge: Better known as a bridge and crown, this is the most traditional treatment. Your dentist in Chesapeake takes an impression of your mouth to create a replica of your tooth’s crown to fill the empty space. It’s held in place by reshaping your adjacent teeth to bond dental crowns over them.
- Single Tooth Implant: A dental implant replaces the entire structure of the tooth. An implant post is surgically placed into the jawbone to act as a new root. An abutment is attached to the implant to connect a custom-made crown. It’s carefully crafted to match your natural teeth to blend in when you smile.
Benefits of a Single Tooth Implant
A dental implant is the only treatment to replace the root of a tooth, allowing it to preserve your bone density in your jaw. You will enjoy a variety of advantages that aren’t possible using a traditional bridge, including:
- Over a 95% success rate.
- Looks natural using all-ceramic material.
- Restores 70% of your biting force.
- Preserves your jaw’s density to stop dental drift.
- Reduces your risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and additional tooth loss.
- Supports your facial tissues for a youthful appearance.
- Potential to last for several decades.
- Cost-effective because it should never need to be replaced.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Don’t hide behind an incomplete smile any longer. Contact Estrada Dentistry today to schedule your consultation for single tooth replacement. We’ll give you a beautiful, functional smile that lasts.